461-115-0071 Temporary Effective 07/16/14 through 01/12/15
Who Must Sign the Application and Complete the Application Process
- In the ERDC, REF, REFM, and TANF programs, the following individuals must sign the application and complete the application process:
- In the REF, REFM, and TANF programs, at least one caretaker relative (see OAR 461-001-0000).
- In the ERDC program, a caretaker (see OAR 461-001-0000).
- In the EA program:
- A caretaker relative must sign the application and complete the application process for a child (see OAR 461-001-0000). If the child is not living with a caretaker relative, another adult may act on behalf of the child.
- If the caretaker relative lives with a spouse (see OAR 461-001-0000), both must sign the application.
- A dependent child 18 years of age who applies must sign the application and complete the application process.
- In the GA, GAM, OSIPM, and QMB programs, at least one adult requesting assistance must complete the application process and sign the application, if able. If there is no adult who is able to sign the application and complete the application process, this can be done by the authorized representative (see OAR 461-115-0090). If the applicant dies prior to the determination of eligibility for OSIPM, the application may be processed if the Department receives the required verification.
- In the SNAP program, the primary person, the spouse of the primary person, or another adult member of the filing group (see OAR 461-110-0370) must sign the application and complete the application process.
- An individual required to sign the application but unable to sign may sign with a mark, witnessed by an employee of the:
- Branch office (see OAR 461-001-0000); or
- Public institution (see OAR 461-135-0950), when the individual applying is an inmate (see OAR 461-135-0950) and is applying for benefits under the OSIPM program.
- The amendments to this rule authorizing an employee of a public institution to witness a mark are effective July 1, 2014.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 411.060, 411.070, 411.404, 411.816, 412.049
Stats. Implemented: ORS 411.060, 411.070, 411.081, 411.087, 411.400, 411.404, 411.816, 412.049