461-115-0140 Effective 07/01/12
Authorized Representative or Alternate Payee; SNAP
In the SNAP program:
- None of the following may serve as authorized representative (see OAR 461-115-0090) or alternate payee:
- An individual serving an Intentional Program Violation, unless the Department determines no one else is available to serve as the authorized representative.
- A landlord or a vendor of goods or items who deals directly with the client, including a retailer authorized to accept SNAP benefits.
- Employees of the Department or an employee of a contractor involved in the certification and issuance processes for SNAP benefits, unless authorized in writing by the designee of the Department's SNAP Program Manager. The designee must determine no one else is available to serve as the authorized representative.
- A provider of meals for the homeless.
- An authorized representative or alternate payee who knowingly misrepresents the circumstances of the filing group (see OAR 461-110-0370) or misuses SNAP benefits is subject to penalty as follows:
- In group living (see OAR 461-001-0015) situations or treatment programs for drug addiction or alcohol abuse, the facility may be prosecuted under applicable federal or state law.
- For other authorized representatives and alternate payees not covered by subsection (a) of this section, the Department may prohibit the person from serving as a representative or payee for one year.
- Except as provided by this rule or by OAR 461-115-0090, a client may select his or her authorized representative or alternate payee.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 411.816
Stats. Implemented: ORS 411.816