461-115-0210 Effective 01/01/10 - Technical Amendment
Application Processing Time Frames; SNAP
- This rule applies in the SNAP program to an initial application and at recertification.
- The Department will determine eligibility and provide the benefit group the opportunity to participate as soon as possible. The application processing time frame for regular service is the 30 days immediately following the filing date (see OAR 461-115-0040) and not later than the 7th day following the filing date for expedited service.
- The application processing time frame for regular service includes:
- An interview as soon as possible but not later than 20 days after the filing date (see OAR 461-115-0230 regarding interviews);
- Completion of required verification; and
- The eligibility determination.
- The filing date remains effective for 60 days in both of the following situations:
- If the Department is not able to complete the application process within 30 days (for example, unable to schedule an interview by the 20th day following the filing date).
- If the applicant contacts the Department before the 30th day following the filing date and informs the Department that verification cannot be provided by the 30th day due to reasons beyond his or her control.
- If, for a reason within his or her control, the client fails to attend an interview by the 20th day following the filing date, and the interview occurs between the 20th and 30th days following the filing date, all verification must be provided not later than the 30th day following the filing date. If required verification is received after the 30th day, a new filing date is established as of the date the verification is received.
- If a client scheduled for an interview for expedited service fails to attend the interview without good cause, the client's application is processed for regular service.
Stat. Auth: ORS 411.816
Stats. Implemented: ORS 411.816