461-135-0400 Temporary Effective 01/01/13 through 06/30/13
Specific Requirements; ERDC
- The Department makes payments for child care, including care covered by the ERDC program, subject to the provisions of division 165 of this chapter of rules.
- To be eligible for ERDC, a filing group (see OAR 461-110-0350) must meet the requirements of all of the following subsections:
- At least one caretaker (see OAR 461-001-0000) must receive income from employment (other than self-employment, see OAR 461-145-0910), including employment through a work study program.
- The filing group must include a child who needs child care.
- The filing group must have an allowable child care need as described in OAR 461-160-0040. If there are two adults required to be in the filing group, and one of the adults is unemployed or self-employed, the unemployed or self-employed adult is considered available to provide child care, making the filing group ineligible, except in the following situations:
- The unemployed adult is physically or mentally unable to provide adequate child care. This must be verified (see OAR 461-125-0830).
- The unemployed adult is unavailable to provide child care while participating in the requirements of a case plan (see OAR 461-001-0025) other than requirements associated with post-secondary education.
- The filing group must use a child care provider who meets the requirements in OAR 461-165-0160 and 461-165-0180.
- The child needing child care must meet the citizenship or alien status requirements of OAR 461-120-0110.
- A filing group is not eligible for a child care payment for more than six calendar months if the filing group is unwilling to obtain a Certificate of Immunization Status for the child.
- The child care must be necessary to enable the caretaker to remain employed (other than self-employed).
- A filing group is not eligible for child care when the caretaker or parent in the filing group receives a grant for child care from the Oregon Student Assistance Commission for any month the grant is intended to cover, regardless of when the grant is received.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 409.050, 411.060, 411.070
Stats. Implemented: ORS 409.010, 409.610, 411.010, 411.060, 411.070, 411.122, 411.141, 418.485, 2009 Or. Laws ch. 827