461-135-0875 Effective 07/01/08
Specific Requirements; Retroactive Medical
- The following clients are evaluated for retroactive eligibility for medical assistance:
- Clients applying for the BCCM, MAA, MAF, OSIPM, QMB-DW, REFM, or SAC program. This includes deceased individuals who would have been eligible for Medicaid covered services had they, or someone acting on their behalf, applied.
- Clients found ineligible for the BCCM, MAA, MAF, OSIPM, or SAC program solely because they do not meet the citizenship requirements of OAR 461-120-0125. Clients eligible under this subsection are eligible only for CAWEM program benefits (see OAR 461-135-1070).
- Clients found eligible for QMB-BAS, who are evaluated for OSIPM retroactive eligibility.
- If eligible for medical assistance retroactively, the client's eligibility cannot start earlier than the date indicated by OAR 461-180-0140.
- In the BCCM program, a woman cannot be eligible prior to January 1, 2002.
- In the OHP and QMB-BAS programs, there are no retroactive medical benefits.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 411.060
Stats. Implemented: ORS 411.060