461-140-0120 Effective 07/01/12
Availability and Treatment of Lump-Sum Income
- Lump-sum income (see OAR 461-001-0000) is treated as follows if it is received by a member of a financial group (see OAR 461-110-0530).
- In the EA, MAA, MAF, REF, REFM, SAC, SNAP, and TANF programs:
- Lump-sum income is a resource.
- In the EA, MAA, MAF, REF, REFM, SAC, and TANF programs:
- Lump-sum income is considered available to the financial group when a member of the group receives the income and until the income becomes unavailable for a reason beyond the group's control.
- Lump-sum income is considered unavailable for a reason beyond the group's control if the member who received the lump-sum income:
- Leaves the financial group before spending any of the lump-sum income; or
- Spends the lump-sum income on an immediate basic need or emergency.
- In the ERDC and EXT programs, lump-sum income is excluded.
- In the GA, GAM, OSIP (except OSIP-EPD), OSIPM (except OSIPM-EPD), and QMB programs, lump-sum income is treated as follows:
- Lump-sum income not excluded is unearned income in the month of receipt, and any amount remaining in future months is a resource, except that in the OSIP and OSIPM programs retroactive SSB and SSI payments are treated in accordance with OAR 461-145-0490 and 461-145-0510.
- The following lump-sum income is excluded:
- The first $20 received in a month;
- The income the client turns over to the Department as reimbursement for previous assistance; and
- The income the client uses to pay for special need items approved by the Department. Special needs are explained at OAR 461-155-0500 and following.
- In the OHP program:
- If the lump-sum income is $30 or less in a quarter, it is excluded for:
- Each financial group member who receives the lump-sum income; and
- Each financial group member the lump-sum income is intended for.
- If the lump-sum income exceeds $30 in a quarter, it is counted as unearned income in the month received.
- In the OSIP-EPD and OSIPM-EPD programs, lump-sum income is counted as a resource.
Stat. Auth: ORS 411.060, 411.404, 411.816, 412.014, 412.049
Stats. Implemented: ORS 411.060, 411.404, 411.816, 412.014, 412.049