461-150-0020 Effective 01/01/14
Prospective Eligibility and Budgeting
For prospective eligibility (see OAR 461-001-0000) and budgeting (see OAR 461-001-0000):
- The budget month (see OAR 461-001-0000) and payment month (see OAR 461-001-0000) are the same.
- The client's anticipated income, household composition, and other relevant factors are used to determine the client's eligibility and benefit level. The client and Department jointly anticipate the client's income based on the income already received and the income the client expects to receive.
- Prospective budgeting is used for annualized income and prorated educational income.
- When prospective budgeting is used and the actual income differs from the amount determined under section (2) of this rule:
- If the anticipated income exceeds the actual income, a client is not entitled to a benefit supplement.
- If the actual income exceeds the anticipated income, there may be a client-error overpayment under OAR 461-195-0521.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 411.060, 411.404, 411.816, 412.049
Stats. Implemented: ORS 411.060, 411.404, 411.816, 412.049