461-155-0250 Effective 01/01/15
Income and Payment Standard; OSIPM
- An individual who is assumed eligible per OAR 461-135-0010(6) is presumed to meet the income limits for the OSIPM program.
- An individual in a nonstandard living arrangement (see OAR 461-001-0000) meeting the requirements of OAR 461-135-0750, who is not assumed eligible and does not meet the income standards set out in section (4) of this rule, must have countable (see OAR 461-001-0000) income that is equal to or less than 300 percent of the full SSI standard for a single individual (except OSIPM-EPD) or have established a qualifying trust as specified in OAR 461-145-0540(9)(c).
- The OSIPM (except OSIPM-EPD) adjusted income standard takes into consideration the need for shelter (housing and utilities), food, and other items. The standard is itemized as follows:
Items of Need
One Person in Need Group Two People in Need Group Adjusted No.
One Two or
Two Three or
Shelter 450.00 208.00 557.00 206.00 Food 177.00 174.67 340.00 323.34 Other 106.00 106.00 203.00 204.00
- An individual, other than one identified in section (1), (2), or (6) of this rule, must have adjusted income below the standard in this section. The Department determines the adjusted number in the household under OAR 461-155-0020.
Adjusted Income Standards
One Person in Need Group Two People in Need Group Adjusted No. in
One Two or
Two Three or
AB/AD/OAA 733.00 488.67 1,100.00 733.34
- In the OSIPM (except OSIPM-EPD) program, an individual in a nursing facility or an ICF-MR is allowed the following amounts for clothing and personal incidentals:
- For an individual who receives a VA pension based on unreimbursed medical expenses (UME), $90 is allowed.
- For all other individuals, $60 is allowed.
- For an individual identified in subsection (b) of this section with countable income (including any SSI) that is less than $60, the payment standard is equal to the difference between the individual's countable income (including any SSI) and $60. For the purposes of this subsection, countable income includes income that would otherwise be countable for an individual who is assumed eligible under OAR 461-135-0010.
- In the OSIPM-EPD program, the adjusted earned income limit is 250 percent of the federal poverty level for a family of one.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 411.060, 411.070, 411.404, 411.704, 411.706
Stats. Implemented: ORS 411.060, 411.070, 411.404, 411.704, 411.706