461-155-0630 Effective 01/01/10
Special Need; Community Based Care; OSIPM
In the OSIPM program:
- A client is considered living in a community based care facility (see OAR 461-001-0000) if the client resides at one of the following care settings licensed by the Department:
- Adult Foster Care.
- Residential Care.
- Assisted Living.
- Specialized Living.
- Group Care Home.
- In determining eligibility for OSIPM for an individual not covered by a home and community based care waiver, the special need (see OAR 461-155-0010) is the amount of the service payment authorized by the Department and is added to the OSIP maintenance standard.
- If a client who meets the applicable income requirements begins living in a community based care facility:
- Payment for room and board may be authorized during the month of admission at the initial placement, limited to the approved rate.
- Room and board payments may be paid to the community based care facility during the temporary absence of a client if all of the following criteria are met:
- The absence occurs because the client is admitted to a hospital or nursing home.
- The Department determines the intent of the client to return to the community based care facility.
- The community based care facility is willing to accept the room and board payment.
- The client returns one month following the month in which the absence began.
- Spouses who each receive SSI and receive services in a community based care facility, are eligible for a payment in the amount that equals the difference between the OSIPM standard for a one-person need group and the individual's total countable income. If one spouse has income above the OSIPM standard, the excess income is applied to the other spouse's countable income.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 411.060
Stats. Implemented: ORS 411.060