461-160-0070 Effective: 04/07/10 - Technical Amendment
Benefits for Less Than a Full Month
In the GA, OSIP, REF, SNAP, and TANF programs, if in a month a benefit group is eligible for less than a full month's benefits (such as the initial and closing months), benefits for that month are determined as follows:
- The benefit amount for a full month is determined.
- The full benefit amount is divided by the number of days in the payment month to determine the daily benefit.
- The daily benefit is multiplied by the number of days in the month the group is eligible. The result is the benefit amount for the partial month (prorated benefit), except as adjusted by section (4) of this rule.
- Rounding is used in the calculation of the prorated benefit as follows:
- In the REF, SNAP, and TANF programs, if the prorated benefit is not a whole dollar amount, the prorated benefit is rounded to the next lower whole dollar.
- In the GA and OSIP programs, the prorated benefit is not rounded.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 411.060
Stats. Implemented: ORS 411.060