461-160-0552 Technical Effective 04/02/18
Income Deductions; Qualified Medicare Beneficiaries Programs
- This rule is used to determine adjusted income (see OAR 461-001-0000) for the Qualified Medicare Beneficiaries programs: QMB-BAS and QMB-SMB (including SMF) programs.
- To determine adjusted income, deductions from the countable (see OAR 461-001-0000) income of the financial group (see OAR 461-110-0530) are made in the following order:
- All child support paid by a non-applying spouse (see OAR 461-001-0000) to any individual who does not live in the household.
- One standard deduction of $20 from unearned income.
- This deduction may be taken from earned income if the financial group has less than $20 in unearned income.
- This deduction does not apply to in-kind support and maintenance.
- This deduction does not apply to a benefit based on need that is totally or partially funded by the federal government or by a nongovernmental agency.
- One standard earned income deduction of $65.
- An income deduction for documented Impairment-Related Work Expenses (see OAR 461-001-0000).
- One half of the remaining earned income.
- An income deduction for documented Blind Work Expenses (see OAR 461-001-0000).
- Any earned income used to fulfill a plan for self-support approved by the Social Security Administration.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 409.050, 410.070, 411.060, 411.070, 411.404, 413.085, 414.685
Stats. Implemented: ORS 409.010, 410.070, 411.060, 411.070, 411.404, 413.085, 414.685, 414.839