461-165-0060 Effective 10/01/19
Minimum Benefit Amount; REF, SNAP, TANF
- In the SNAP program:
- A benefit group (see OAR 461-110-0750) is not eligible for benefits in the initial month (see OAR 461-001-0000) if the allotment is less than $10.
- Except as provided otherwise in section (1) of this rule and in OAR 461-160-0070, minimum benefits are determined as follows:
- An eligible benefit group of one or two persons receives the monthly calculated benefit with a minimum monthly allotment of eight percent of the Thrifty Food Plan (TFP) (see OAR 461-155-0190), rounded to the nearest whole dollar, for one person as determined annually by FNS.
- An eligible benefit group of three or more persons receives the monthly calculated benefit, except that a group whose calculated benefit is $1, $3, or $5 receives instead an allotment of $2, $4, or $6 respectively. A benefit group in a categorically eligible filing group may be eligible for zero benefits ($0) for the certification period (see OAR 461-001-0000).
- In the REF and TANF programs, except as provided in section (3) of this rule, benefits are not issued if the monthly benefit is less than $10. Individuals who do not receive a cash payment because the monthly benefit is less than $10 may be eligible for medical benefits.
- The $10 requirement in section (2) of this rule does not apply to any of the following:
- Special payments, such as one-time special needs, emergency assistance, supplements, or a benefit reduced from $10 or more to under $10 due to the recovery of an overpayment.
- Dual payee payments made in money management cases if the monthly benefit amount is $10 or more.
- Wage supplements issued to JOBS Plus participants.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 411.060, 411.816, 412.049
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 411.060, 411.816, 412.049