461-165-0210 Effective 04/01/10
Calculating Restored and Supplemental Benefits
- Supplemental and restorative benefits are calculated and paid as follows:
- The effective date of the lost benefits is determined.
The benefit group (see OAR 461-110-0750) is not eligible for restored benefits in any month that eligibility for the benefits cannot be established. The benefit group has an opportunity to prove eligibility for any months in question.
- The correct benefits for the months in question are calculated.
- The amount the benefit group actually received is subtracted from the amount they should have received.
- The amount of restored benefits is offset against overdue or suspended overpayments.
The group with the largest number of people who were in the benefit group at the time the loss occurred is entitled to the restorative payment. If the location of that group is unknown, the benefit is paid to the benefit group containing the primary person at the time the loss occurred.
- When, after receiving proper notification, the Department failed to cancel the EBT card of an individual leaving a SNAP program household and that individual continues to access the household's SNAP program benefits in subsequent months, the amount of SNAP program benefits to be restored is the amount used by the former household member.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 411.060, 411.070, 411.404, 411.816, 412.014, 412.049
Stats. Implemented: ORS 411.060, 411.070, 411.404, 411.816, 412.014, 412.049