461-190-0171 Effective 03/01/08
Education Requirements for Teen Parents; JOBS
- Except as provided in section (2) of this rule, a teen parent (see OAR 461-001-0025) who participates in the JOBS program and does not have a high school diploma or GED must participate in the basic education component (see OAR 461-001-0025).
- A teen parent is excused from the requirements of section (1) of this rule if any of the following subsections apply:
- He or she is exempt (see OAR 461-130-0310) from the requirement to participate in the JOBS program 16 weeks after the birth of a child, except that the teen parent may be required to participate in suitable activities with a preference for educational activities, parenting classes, and family stability activities (see OAR 461-001-0000).
- He or she is under age 18, has been excused by the local school district from state compulsory school attendance, and meets the following conditions:
- The employment goal of the teen parent is an occupation or occupational field that does not require a high school diploma or GED, there is a labor market demand for it, and the goal is appropriate for the client and likely to lead to self-sufficiency; and
- The teen parent is participating in the job skills training component (see OAR 461-001-0025) and an education component (see OAR 461-001-0025) designed to result in a literacy level of at least grade 8.9.
- He or she is age 18 or 19 and can be assigned to employment training to prepare for occupations or occupational fields for which there is a labor market demand, and either he or she has failed to achieve good or satisfactory progress (see OAR 461-001-0025) in completing his or her educational activities (see OAR 461-001-0025) or educational activities are inappropriate for his or her education and employment goals.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 411.060, 411.070, 418.040, 418.045, 418.100
Stats. Implemented: ORS 411.060, 411.070, 418.040, 418.045, 418.100