461-135-0400 Effective 10/01/15
Specific Requirements; ERDC
- The Department makes payments for child care, including care covered by the ERDC program, subject to the provisions of division 165 of this chapter of rules.
- To be eligible for ERDC, a filing group (see OAR 461-110-0350) must meet the requirements of all of the following subsections:
- At least one caretaker (see OAR 461-001-0000) must receive income from employment. This includes self-employment (see OAR 461-145-0910) and employment through a work study program.
- The filing group must include a child (see OAR 461-001-0000) who needs child care.
- The filing group must have an allowable child care need as described in OAR 461-160-0040. If there are two adults required to be in the filing group, and one of the adults is unemployed, the unemployed adult is considered available to provide child care, making the filing group ineligible, except in the following situations:
- The unemployed adult is physically or mentally unable to provide adequate child care. This must be verified (see OAR 461-125-0830).
- The unemployed adult is unavailable to provide child care while participating in the requirements of a case plan (see OAR 461-001-0025) other than requirements associated with post-secondary education.
- The filing group must use a child care provider who meets the requirements in OAR 461-165-0160 and 461-165-0180.
- The child needing child care must meet the citizenship or alien status requirements of OAR 461-120-0110.
- A filing group not willing to obtain a Certificate of Immunization Status for the child is not eligible for a child care payment for more than twelve calendar months, or longer if child care continues under OAR 461-160-0040(5).
- The child care must be necessary to enable the caretaker to remain employed, including self-employed.
- A filing group is not eligible for child care when the caretaker or parent (see OAR 461-001-0000) in the filing group receives a grant for child care from the Oregon Student Assistance Commission for any month the grant is intended to cover, regardless of when the grant is received.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 409.050, 411.060, 411.070, Or Laws 2015, ch 698
Stats. Implemented: ORS 409.010, 409.050, 409.610, 411.060, 411.070, 411.122, 411.141, 418.485, Or Laws 2015, ch 698